Ms. Katherine Howard
Katherine is the leading financial advisor in the renewable energy sector in Australia. Katherine is an Advisory Panel Member for the Australian Renewable Energy Agency, reviewing renewable energy projects seeking grant funding. She has also been appointed to the Northern Territory Government Renewable Energy Expert Panel.
Katherine has a broad range of transaction experience in corporate finance and has advised on mergers, divestments and acquisitions, debt and equity financing of transactions, specifically in the energy and infrastructure sector. In recent years Katherine has arranged over $20 billion of debt and $5 billion of equity financingKatherine is an experienced corporate finance professional with experience in Australia, United States and Canada. Katherine spent over 14 years with the Macquarie Group and has been a Deloitte Partner for 9 years
Relevant renewable energy professional experience:
- Lead Financial Advisor to ARENA in respect to 480MW Large Scale Solar Competitive Round in which 20 projects were short-listed and 12 projects received grant funding of $98m.
- Lead Financial Advisor to the ACT Government on the Community Solar Scheme
- Lead Financial Advisor to the ACT Government on the 200 MW wind auction
- Lead Financial Advisor to the ACT Government on the various large scale solar auctions
- Lead Financial Advisor to the Federal Government’s Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism (DRET) on the $1.7Bn funding for solar generation projects under DRET’s Solar Flagship Grant Funding programme
- Lead Financial Advisor to the Federal Government’s Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) on applications under the $3 billion grant funding for the various programme including Solar Flagships
- Lead Advisor to the Treasury in respect to the establishment of the A$10 billion Clean Energy Financing Corporation
- Lead Advisor to the Treasury in relation to the loans for refinancing for eligible coal fired generators program under the Clean Energy Future Package
- Assisted HRL on its application under the Contract for Closure Program and Energy Brix on its 3 year restructuring package from the Australian Government
- Lead Process Advisor to Origin Energy on the proposed sale and construction of its Stockyard Hill Wind Farm development (157 approved wind turbines (total 547MW) located near Ballarat, Victoria. Tender process put on hold during due diligence due to other priorities within Origin